The company under the name of “GIANNAS STERGOS TOURISTIKES – XENODOXEIAKES – EMPORIKES – GEORGIKES EPIXEIRISIS SA”, which has its headquarters in Rhodes, Tax Number 094271635, as lawfully represented (hereafter the “Company”), carries out lawful processing of personal data in accordance with the provisions of the applicable national and European legislation on personal data, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and (hereinafter referred to as “the Regulation”) and in accordance with the specific terms and conditions, set out below:
- Personal data
The Company collects and processes Personal Data, ie, automated or unannounced information relating to a natural person from which it is identified or can be identified directly or indirectly (these are: name, surname, maiden name, date place of birth, address of permanent residence and address of residence in Rhodes, telephone number, number and date of issue of diploma, number, date of issue and issuing passport or identity authority).
During a visit to the Company’s website, data is automatically collected for technical reasons, that is, the IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the access computer, the web site which recommended to visit us (recommendation), visit date and time, browser type and settings of the browser, operating system, which constitute personal data under conditions. In principle, these data are collected to the extent necessary for technical reasons, for the operation and protection of the website, against attacks and malicious use, as well as in pseudonymous or anonymous form for statistical purposes.
To the specific purposes of processing Personal Data, ie to inform about services, promotions, offers, email, research and statistical purposes, the Company collects and processes the following data: name and e-mail address.
- Purpose of using personal data
The Company collects, stores and processes the above personal data for the immediate conclusion and performance of the vehicle rental contract and your further service when you contact us by telephone or e-mail or when you want to send us information in some other way, so you transmit your data to us for this purpose requesting the vehicle to be booked or hired by telephone or by e-mail at a future date, as well as for the safety of the Companies facilities and products, by using cameras in our offices.
Most of our vehicles are equipped with a position detector, which sends only the details of this location so that we can assist you if you ask for help, and for the security and protection of our property in case of theft or loss of the vehicle. In this process, we do not record the routes that you follow, nor any other personal data, but only the vehicle details.
In addition, when using our website, we store and use personal data and technical information to the extent necessary to prevent and deal with any malicious use or other illegal behavior on our site, e.g. to maintain data security in the case of attacks against our IT systems.
Lastly, we store and use your data to the extent we are legally obliged to do so, for example with a view to a formal directive or judicial or other decision of the Authorities, and to safeguard our rights and claims as well as cases of company defense before the courts.
- Legal basis of treatment
Regarding the processing of personal data for the above purposes, we rely on the signed contract between our Company and the customer, your best service, to provide you with the best and most appropriate content for our site and services, to protect the Company’s legal interests, premises and movable property, as well as for purposes of managing, detecting fraud and other legal purposes.
When we use personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we always give priority to your rights and interests in protecting your data against our rights and interests.
When we use personal data for promotions, we rely on your explicit consent.
- Data retention time
The company will maintain and process the above personal data for as long as it is required to serve the aforementioned processing purposes and to comply with its legal obligations and to defend itself against any legal claims. After that period, the Company will proceed to the safe and definitive deletion of the above personal data.
- Transmission of data to third parties
Any further transfer of personal data to a third party, law enforcement authorities and other governmental authorities or to a country outside the European Union will only take place if this is provided for by personal data legislation or is strictly necessary to prevent, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses and fraud.
- General terms and conditions of personal data protection
The above personal data will be accessible and processed only by authorized employees of the Company who will process the personal data solely for the fulfillment of the aforementioned purposes and in no case for their own benefit.
Personal information collected through the website is stored in multiple protected databases, and the necessary electronic and physical security measures have been taken to protect such data.
Our company applies appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure and demonstrate that data processing is conducted in accordance with the Regulation.
In the event of any violation of your data and if such violation may place your rights and freedoms at a high risk, and provided that it does not fall under one of the exceptions expressly provided for by law, the Company undertakes to inform you without undue delay.
- Your rights
You have the right to:
– Request access to your personal data. This enables you to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold for you and to confirm that we process it in accordance with the law.
– Request a correction of the personal data we hold for you. This allows you to correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold for you, although we reserve the right to ask you to validate the accuracy of the new data you provide us.
– Request to delete your personal data. This allows you to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no reason to continue processing it. Please, however, as you know, we may not always be able to comply with your request for deletion for specific legal reasons why we will notify you if necessary by submitting your request.
– Apply limitation on the processing of your personal data. This allows us to ask us to suspend your personal data processing if you want to verify the accuracy of the data when the use of our data is unfair, but you do not wish to be deleted by us, when you wish to keep the data your data, even if we do not request it, if it is necessary for you to validate, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have opposed your use of your data by us but you must confirm or if we have compelling legitimate reasons to do so.
– Withdraw your consent at any time in case our processing of your personal data is based on your consent. However, this is something that can not affect the legitimate processing that took place before withdrawing your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us by e-mail given below. In the event that one of the above rights is exercised, our Company will take all possible measures to satisfy your request immediately in accordance with the specific provisions and conditions of the Regulation and will inform you in writing of the satisfaction of your request; or for reasons that prevent you from exercising your right or the satisfaction of one or more of the above rights in accordance with the Rules of Procedure. If your claims are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their recurrence, the Company may either impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or executing the requested action, or refuses to follow up the request. In addition, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority if you believe that processing of your personal data is contrary to the Rules of Procedure.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Except for explicit exceptions (third-party, affiliate, and third-party copyrights), all of our site content, including images, graphics, photographs, drawings, texts, services, and generally all of this site’s files, proprietary, registered trademarks and service marks of the Company and are protected by the relevant provisions of Greek law, the European regulation and the international conventions. Accordingly, none of them may be sold, copied, modified, reproduced, republished or uploaded, transmitted or distributed in any way, in whole or in part.
- Policy Cookies
Some or all of the cookies described below may be stored in the browser. You can view and manage cookies in the browser (however, mobile browsers may not offer this visibility). Of the different types of cookies that exist, the Company uses the following:
- A) Absolutely Necessary: Technically necessary cookies are essential to the proper operation of the site, allow you to browse and use its functions. These cookies do not recognize your individual identity. Without these cookies, we can not provide our site with effective functionality. In addition, these cookies allow the site to remember your choices such as font size, or if you’ve responded to a poll in order to provide improved and personalized features.
- B) Performance Cookies (Google Analytics):
These cookies collect information about how you use the site, for example, which pages you visit most often. Collect aggregated, anonymous information that does not identify a visitor. They are used solely to improve the performance of a website.
You can enable, disable or even completely delete cookies through the setup options in your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, some parts of the site may not work properly.
- Policy changes
For any clarification regarding this Privacy Statement, including any request to exercise your legal rights, please contact us electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org